Monday 28 June 2010

Serious Preparation

So far most of my preparations have been in front of a computer screen rather than on my new Brooks saddle.

Today I was finally able to create my charity giving page at Virgin Money. I discovered this worthy rival to JustGiving.com quite by chance although it was bike related.

I left my new TopPeak track pump at the side of the drive after I had pumped up my grandaughter, Sacha's tyres for her. Unfortunately my dear wife reversed over the pump and completely shredded a tyre which resulted in a visit to Ladybank Tyres for a new tyre. Bear with me I'll get there eventually. It transpired that a few Ladybank Tyres employees are cycle enthusiasts and someone had left out a cycle magazine, which I greedily devoured, while I awaited my new tyre.

One of the articles introduced virginmoneygiving.com, which is a not for profit site which ensures that a much greater proportion of funds raised reaches its  intended recipients. 2% charges instead of 5% and a one off fee of £100 for the charity to be registered instead of £15 per month.

If you feel inclined follow the link alongside this post.

Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving

No comments:

Post a Comment