Sunday 15 August 2010

At last I'm underway

Well the waiting is almost over and I'm finally on my way. I am writing this on the East Coast train from Edinburgh to London (well what else would you do on a Sunday morning?)
I got up bright eyed and bushy tailed only to see that the blue skies and sunshine of Saturday evening had given way to a thick "pea souper" of a fog. As I cycled to Ladybank I was coated in a thin film of liquid, which wasn't sweat. Yuck. Who wants to sit on a train all day with wet clothes.
However the day was instantly brightened by the arrival of my wife Pauline, my son Simon and my youngest grand-daughter Ruby. Her radiant smile and greeting to "mama" was enough to lift any gloom caused by the weather and was a wonderful surprise.
I will miss my family during my four week trip but I am looking forward to the adventure to come.
I am heartened by all of the messages of support and the incredibly generous pledges of money for the Samaritans. Thank you, especially to the anonymous donor of £100. Your generosity and kind words will spur me on.

2 comments:

  1. The thick pea souper burnt off by the back of nine and turned into a glorious day, hope you have had the same, if the timimngs have been good you should soon be sitting with your feet up. Sleep well and enjoy tomorrow lets hope it is not too hot. Anne & George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian - it is great that you are safely on your way. It is all downhill from here. We are turning a wheel for you so just remember that when you have any negative thoughts. Smile and remind yourself how much you will help others by your undertaking. Nae bother for someone frae Buckhynd. B&S.

    ReplyDelete