Saturday 16 June 2012

Cordemais to Rennes

It is getting to be too much of a habit packing up a soaking wet tent with a steadily increasing  variety of wet clothes waiting to be dried.
My planned route was now abandoned and I had to work out a way to get back on the road to Rennes preferably  without retracing my steps.

I don't know what the original route would have been like but this has been my hardest day's cycling so far. To describe it as lumpy is an understatement. It was just a succession of steep hills both up and down. I didn't have to resort to my 28th gear (walking ) but that was only because the bike is too heavy to push.  I have arrived at a lovely municipal site on the outskirts of Rennes good facilities (and free wi fi) for less than 10 euros.

I plan a rest day and a visit to Rennes centre tomorrow.

 I think I might sleep tonight

1 comment:

  1. Pauline just given us current position in English Channel. Hope crossing was smooth and restful. Next day challenging but weather to be good. Don't want you enjoying yourself.Well done for getting to these shores - great achievement no matter what you think. Hope you make stunning progress over next few days and you get a wee chance to relax in the evenings. Stay well and Well Done! Bert and Susan H

    ReplyDelete