Thursday 7 June 2012

Raissac to carcassonne

Finally under way.

It took me the whole morning to pack the bike - this camping lark is not easy!

Gisele came to head the send off party and take a photo - in fact she was the send off party.

The cycle to Carcassonne was uneventful. Putting the tent up was more eventful but it is up - lets hope it stays up.

The bike felt strange at first with two front panniers but I quickly got used to the weight and I do have some very low gears which is just as well because there is no way I could push it up a hill. (these words may come back to haunt me)

It is just as well I put the tent up carefully. During the night there was a fantastic electrical storm (orage) which was accompanied by torrential rain and a big wind. I was amazed to still be dry and intact in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment