Wednesday 27 June 2012

Harrogate to Alensford (near Consett)

After chatting for longer than I had intended I finally set off at 8.15

There was a hint of wind against but nothing serious but the hills were a different matter. If I hadn't succeeded in not needing my 28th gear (walking)  to date I might have succumbed several times today.

To date I had mentally split the big hills into three and stopped for a rest after each third but today it was more like sixths or sevenths.

Still I was tent pitched showered and sipping a pint of Guinness in the Derwent Manor Hotel  by 6.30. I can't however pretend to be fresh for tomorrow - I 'm knackered - but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

A strong wind against and I don't think I can do it!

Was that a stray negative thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment