Monday 11 June 2012

Sunday to Bordeaux

Having slept like a log I awoke to a black sky and heavy rain. My fellow guests at breakfast looked at me as if I had two heads when I set off to rejoin the Canal de Deux Mers. It was eerie riding alongside the canal in pouring rain with not another soul in sight - no walkers or boaters and no other cyclists. It rained all morning and that was to be the good part of the day.

When it stopped raining the wind got up really strongly in my face. I met two Brits going the other way who helpfully said that they were glad they were not going my way against that wind. I finally ground my way to the campsite  only to find a sign saying "complet" - full. Fortunately it didn't take too much persuasion to be allowed to squeeze my tent in because I wasn't going any further!

Tomorrow will certainly be easier for it is my first rest day. I am going to explore Bordeaux on foot using public transport.

1 comment:

  1. Brian - well that seems tough. Hope that you had a fantastic day off and you sampled some fine wines. You have earned that. With a bit of luck it will start to ease off and you will get some fun and pleasure from the experience. As we all know 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going'. You are the man for the job - every confidence that you will achieve all your goals along the way. We are all pushing you on onwards and homewards. You can do it! Bert H and the gang

    ReplyDelete